Guided Winter Excursions
Cultural Routes (in collaboration with Kouriton House)
Potter in Margarites
Margarites - The Place and its Monuments
The Kouriton House - historic cultural monument from the 19th Century.
Tzanakiana – rural village at the beginning of the routes of the ecomuseum.
Margarites - ancient ceramics centre, centre of the Byzantine and Venetian time, a traditional village with live social function and structures.
Tasting of homemade cakes and traditional drinks.
- The Kourites Path - The Place and its History
Tour - Teaching at the archaeological sites:
Eleftherna - Necropolis of the Standing Stone (Orthi Petra) – Acropolis – archaeological excavations
Arkadi Monastery - restored Memorial - Symbol of Freedom.
Thematic dinner at an accredited farm in Eleftherna.
The Hermes Path
Visit to the sacred caves-temples of the eco-museum:
Talaios Ermis at Melidoni, the sanctuary of Hermes in the archaeological park of Eleftherna
Kranaios Ermis cave at the Patsos gorge
Visit the village of Apostoloi, thx`e openair museum of sculpture by the sculptor J. Neonakis - pilgrimage in memory of Anassouvari
Special dinner at an accredited traditional restaurant.
The Taste of Psiloritis (in collaboration with Kouriton House)
- The Path of Olives and the Flavours
- Visit of Kouriton House: tour through this listed rural mansion (18th century), presentation of the rehabilitation project and of the objects of daily use, audio-visual material on Cretan gastronomy from ancient time until today. Tasting of tradional sweets and liquers (local production of the house).
- Visit to the tradional olive press factory, local fabriques, a traditional pottery workshop and pre-industrial monuments in Margarites.
- Visit to ancient Cretan olive groves (650 BC) at Tripodo.
- Thematic dinner at traditional village by the women of the area.
- The Path of Herbs and Myth
Hiking trail at 'Lagos', the gorge of Margarites with indigenous herbs and wild flowers and the Minoan Tomb (14th Century BC) - duration 1 hour
Route through the natural environment of Saint Sylas - duration 1 hour
Thematic dinner in a traditional restaurant with teachings about the olives and herbs in the Cretan Diet.
For more information please send us the contact form.